Phlebotomy Simplified, 3e (Garza/Becan-McBride)
Chapter 2 Ethical, Legal, and Regulatory Issues
2.1 Multiple Choice Questions
1) Which term means a set of principles or values based on religious or moral teachings that
guide a person’s actions?
2) Which of the following seemingly innocent activities can lead to a lawsuit?
A) Discussing patient information with a patient’s family member with the patient’s permission
B) Discussing a 17-year-old patient’s information with the patient’s father without the patient’s
C) Sending a patient’s lab test request to print and forgetting to take it off the printer
D) Logging off the computer after entering blood collection updates
3) A 4-year-old girl who refused to have her blood collected was locked in a room by a health
care worker and was forced to have her blood collected. This is an example of:
A) informed consent.
B) invasion of privacy.
D) assault and battery.
4) Which term refers to the conduct of the average health care worker in the community?
B) Standard of care
C) Informed consent
D) Implied consent
5) What is defined as “failure to provide proper care, resulting in injury to others”?
A) Criminal action