Pearson’s Comprehensive Medical Assisting, 4e (Beaman)
Chapter 2 Medical Science: History and Practice
1) Louis Pasteur is credited with establishing the science of bacteriology.
Page Ref: 21
2) Recent advances in modern medicine allow patients’ results to be available to doctors across
Page Ref: 24
3) Hippocrates stressed the body’s healing nature, formed clinical descriptions of diseases, and
discovered the ability to identify some diseases by listening to the chest.
Page Ref: 19
4) A physician’s license may be revoked in cases of severe misconduct, which includes
unprofessional conduct, commission of a crime, or personal incapacity to perform one’s duties.
Page Ref: 26
5) In a partnership, one physician is still responsible for making all the administrative decisions.
Page Ref: 27
6) Oncology is the study of cancer and cancer-related tumors.
Page Ref: 29
7) The title “doctor” can be used verbally or in writing to address a person who has completed
the highest level of education in their field.
Page Ref: 25