Chapter 02: Roman Numerals, Military Time, and Graphs
Hickey: Math Skills for Health Professionals, 2nd Edition
1. Roman numerals are _____________________ used as symbols by the ancient Romans to
d. combination of letters and numbers
ANS: B REF: 30
2. Military time is based on:
a. a 12-hour clock.
b. a 24-hour clock.
c. the International Date Line.
d. the Eastern time zone.
ANS: B REF: 33
3. Documentation in military time does all of the following except:
a. decrease confusion on when to perform an order.
b. eliminate the need to write a.m. or p.m.
c. use four digits without the use of the colons.
d. convert a traditional 24-hour clock into a 12-hour clock.
ANS: D REF: 33
4. Round the following number to the closest whole number: 475.89
ANS: D REF: 37
5. Round the following number to the closest whole number: 36.021
ANS: A REF: 37
6. Convert the following Arabic numeral into a Roman numeral: 5