Chapter 02: The Person’s Rights
Sorrentino: Mosby’s Essentials for Nursing Assistants, 6th Edition
1. A resident’s son is visiting. Which will not protect the person’s privacy?
a. Allowing the person and her son to visit without interrupting
b. Asking the person’s son to leave while you give care
c. Exposing the person’s body in front of her son
d. Allowing the person’s son to read her e-mail to her in private
ANS: C REF: p. 011
2. Residents of long-term care centers are informed of their rights
a. orally and in writing.
b. after they are admitted to the nursing center.
c. by the doctor.
d. only if the resident asks to receive information.
ANS: A REF: p. 010
3. Which is not a patient right? The right to
a. a clean and safe setting.
c. be involved in care.
d. information about other patients.
ANS: D REF: p. 011
4. Which statement is correct?
a. Restraints are used to discipline a person.
b. Restraints are used if you feel they are needed.
c. Restraints are used for staff convenience.
d. Restraint use requires a doctor’s order.
ANS: D REF: p. 013
5. Restraints are ordered by the
b. interdisciplinary health care team.
d. the person’s legal representative.
ANS: C REF: p. 013
6. Residents of nursing centers can work for the following reasons except
a. for care, care items, and privileges.
b. if the person wants to.
c. for activity reasons.
d. for rehabilitation reasons.
ANS: A REF: p. 013