Chapter 02: Basic Chemistry
Herlihy: The Human Body in Health and Illness, 6th Edition
1. Which of the following are located in the orbits surrounding the nucleus?
2. Which of the following is a measurement of hydrogen ion concentration [H+
a. Atomic number
b. Atomic mass
3. The sharing of electrons is referred to as
a. covalent bonding.
b. ionic bonding.
c. radioactive decay.
d. isotope formation.
4. Which element must be present for a substance to be classified as organic?
5. A cation is a(n)
a. positively charged ion.
d. ion that has an atomic mass of 2.
6. Which of the following is an anion?
a. Sodium ion
b. Potassium ion
c. Chloride ion
d. Calcium ion