1. Anything that occupies space and has mass is called
A. an electron.
2. All of the following pertain to 146C except it
A. has 6 protons.
B. has 6 electrons.
C. has 14 neutrons.
D. is an isotope of carbon.
E. has a mass number of 14.
3. The electrons of an atom are
A. always equal in number to the number of neutrons in an atom.
B. found in the nucleus.
C. used to determine atomic number.
D. positively charged.
E. moving in pathways called orbitals.
4. The subatomic particles that surround the nucleus are the
D. protons and neutrons.
E. protons and electrons.
5. What is the maximum number of electrons in the second energy shell of an atom?
6. Isotopes are atoms of the same element that differ in their
A. neutron number.
B. electron number.
C. proton number.
D. atomic number.
E. chemical properties.
7. Two or more atoms bonded together are called a/an
8. What would be the valence number of electrons in the sulfur atom 3216S?